It’s no secret that we love a good party. The same goes for a good book! So, ladies and gents, put on your dancing shoes and grab your croquet mallets for The Skinny Confidential’s book launch at Rancho Valencia on March 22nd.
Take to an adventure of the tastiest kind this March 20th.
Our next Coastal Ranch pairing experience features Veladora’s signature farm-to-table cuisine and pours from Napa Valley’s Hill Family Estate winery. One of California’s finest winemakers, Hill Family Estate’s passion for wine and love for Napa Valley is apparent in each and every sip. And it’s the perfect pairing for Rancho Valencia.
Indulge in five impeccably built courses alongside five fantastic sips hand-selected by the Hill family, including the rich 2011 Late Harvest Chardonnay to the complex 2012 Atlas Peak Sauvignon Blanc. This lovely Sauvignon Blanc is made all the more wonderful when enjoyed with the Scallop Crudo crafted with apple, celery, pineapple, micro celery and a brown butter emulsion. And there’s so much more…take a look at the menu here.
Your seat awaits. For reservations, call Veladora at 858.759.6246.
Your Tuesday just got a lot yummier. Don a little sparkle and join us at The Pony Room as we celebrate Mardi Gras today!
His + Hers Cocktails | $13 For her, the Vieux Carre, often described as the official cocktail of New Orleans as the name refers to ‘French Quarter.’ For him, the Sidecar, a classic cocktail synonymous with New Orleans.
We are thrilled to continue celebrating our Forbes Five-Star award with a little something special, just for you. Join us as we toast to this incredible achievement with the Five-Star Classic package.
Enjoy our best available rate and indulge in all things Five-Star with $100 resort credit. And, in classic Rancho Valencia fashion, fresh orange juice, milk and your morning paper delivered right to your casita door daily. Complimentary use of the tennis courts, fitness center, yoga pavilion and all fitness classes is included as well. To make your reservation, click here.
COME CELEBRATE: Classic charm. Classic service. Classic luxury. Classic ambiance. And create your own classic Rancho memories.
Denver Broncos. Seattle Seahawks. It’s on at The Pony Room.
Cheer on your favorite NFL team with us this weekend and enjoy our take on Superbowl Sunday: dueling sippers and sliders inspired by each team’s city. Support your team with their sip and slide, or go wild and sample both teams to judge the champions for yourself.
In proper football form, we’ll also have half off of all Draft Beers and Pizzas from The Hearth. Yum.
The Bucking Bronco $13 The Denver Broncos will be tossing their hat into the ring with a Fat Tire Ale and shot of Leopold Bros. Apple Whiskey, which has a family owned small batch distillery in Denver.
The Seahawk Shakedown $13 Taking on the Broncos will be the Seattle Seahawks’ Red Hook AudibleAle alongside a shot of coffee liqueur with vodka and cinnamon simple syrup.
We hope you’re ready. Because the day is finally here. Restaurant Week has begun! And this year, we’re a part of it.
THE PONY ROOM
We’re serving up three courses of Pony Room delights for $25 per person. Including our favorites, and then some, it’s the perfect opportunity to dabble in something different.
From our signature Wood Roasted Cauliflower (above) with olive pesto salad, caper & mustard oil and pickled onions to the Smoked Skirt Steak Asada Street Tacos with queso fresco, serrano citrus glaze, cilantro & onion relish, and the warm, freshly baked H&J Cookie Sundae, it’s hard to go wrong.
We’re celebrating Restaurant Week at Veladora with a host of exquisite options for lunch and dinner.
We have our eye on a Market Vegetable Salad start with beet crunch, herb pesto, raw & cooked vegetables and tondo vinegar (above) followed by the Maine Lobster Orcchiette Nero with tomato concasse, garlic, chili, white wine and fresh basil. A finish of Warm Caramelized Apple Crisp is fitting for the season, don’t you think?
Read. Click. Swoon. We’re celebrating the arrival of 2014 with a list of our 25 Top Reasons to Stay at Rancho Valencia.
1. Two words. Turndown Service. You’ll find your room ready for the evening with the fire lit, a plush robe placed on the bed with slippers for chilly toes, nighttime tunes and, of course, chocolates on your pillow. It’s all in the details.
2. Sweet and spicy, The Pony Room’s Sassy Sangrita is one delightful tequila sipper.
3. The daily promise of sunset skies dotted with hot air balloons.
4. Begin your daily ritual with freshly squeezed orange juice at your door.
5. Morning yoga. Afternoon yoga. Candlelight yoga. All in a stunning yoga pavilion straight out of Bali. You’re sure to find your namaste no matter how many classes it takes. All sessions are complimentary, along with over 70 other weekly fitness classes.
6. Three perfectly heated saline pools.
7. Lemon Soufflé Pancakes. Just try them. You’ll understand.
8. Plush, Frette robes await. Aint no party like a robe party.
9. Patio perks! Each casita opens out to a lush, private patio. Some complete with fireplaces and Jacuzzis.
10. Our bathtubs are delightfully ginormous.
11. Sink into ultra luxe, 600 thread count Lisa Galimbierti linens on your master bed. It’s heavenly.
12. The house made toffee. If it’s your birthday, Veladora just might treat you to a taste…just saying.
13. Croquet and cocktails. We do them well. And we do them together.
14. Warm, friendly staff married with exceptional Relais & Châteaux service.
15. The honey used throughout the resort comes from our very own beehives. And it’s exceptionally delicious.
16. Adventure is our middle name. Take to the trails on our 50 acre property, from the waterfall to the olive grove and beyond.
17. A day without sunshine is a rarity, and that’s just how we like it.
2014 is the year of the agave. Connoisseurs, agave sipper savorers, tequila experts…we think you’ll like what the All Agave Project has in store for you. The club. The tasting tour. The swag. Yep. Yum.
An integral piece of the agave puzzle is the monthly Agave Sip Sesh. These events offer a unique combination of spirit tastings and education alongside a welcome cocktail and light bites from The Pony Room. Chris Simmons, Catador and Pony Room manager, has arranged an incredible spread of distinguished guests for each and every one.
SIP SESH SCHEDULE January 16 | Nobleza Tequila | Paula Torres, Owner February 20 | Azunia Tequila | Jim Riley, CEO March 20 | Karma Tequila | Gary Eisenberger, Co-founder
Exclusive seminars. Exquisite tastings. Sweet agave swag. The chance to become a Pony Room legend. And maybe even a secret handshake.
Join us for the tasting adventure of a lifetime.
ALL AGAVE TASTING TOUR Take a sensory tour across the spectrum of The Pony Room’s agave spirit program. Through the All Agave Tasting Tour, discover a wide array of wonderful tequila as well as other unique spirits like Mezcal, Bacanora and Sotol. Become well versed in Mexican spirits and understand the many variations that agave has to offer.
Be amongst the first to taste all of the spirits and become a Pony Room legend. Winners will have a special place on the All Agave Cup.
ALL AGAVE CLUB Enhance the tasting experience and become a member of the All Agave Club. The annual membership fee of $295 includes exclusive access to the All Agave Tasting Tour and plenty of perks like:
• Sweet Agave Swag: All Agave baseball cap, tee shirt, flask and your personal All Agave Tasting Tour booklet • Monthly Agave Sip Sesh | 3rd Thursday of Every Month* Enjoy an agave spirit tasting and education seminar with a unique distinguished guest each month. Each sip sesh includes a welcome cocktail, tastings and light bites. • Special Member Pricing: Take advantage of members-only pricing for each monthly Agave Sip Sesh. AAC Members | $20 AAC Member Guest | $40 Non-AAC Members | $60
To join, please call 858.759.6204 and provide your name, number and agave spirit of choice. Game on.
“The whole property is an island of serenity and perfection and always has been - my personal escape. This amazing bar, however, goes to show you that surprises are in store no matter how long your love-affair has lasted.”—Milan B. on The Pony Room. Yelp.